HERB ROASTED CHICKEN AND GRILLED TEXAS PEACH SALAD
LEMON THYME VINAIGRETTE
¼ cup Rice Wine Vinegar
½ cup Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed
3 TBSP Thyme leaves, fresh, strip from stems
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 cup Round Rock Honey (or any local TX Honey)
2 cups Texas Olive Ranch Olive Oil
1. Place rice vinegar, lemon juice, thyme leaves, black pepper and honey in a blender and cover with a lid.
2. Blend for 30 seconds.
3. With blender still running, remove lid and slowly add oil in a steady thin stream.
4. Remove from blender and place in plastic container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
1 pound Pecan Halves
2 tsp Water
¾ cup Maple Syrup
½ tsp Kosher Salt
½ tsp Black Pepper
½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Place pecan mixture on a cookie sheet and toast at 350 degrees. For about 10-12 minutes.
3. As soon as they are removed from the oven, scrap the pecans off the pan to avoid sticking once cooled.
4. Let cool completely; then rough chop.
5. Store in an airtight plastic container at room temperature
1 lb. Texas Peaches
1-2 tsp. Kosher Salt and Coarse Ground Black Pepper
2-3 TBSP Texas Olive Ranch Olive Oil
1. Using a knife, slice the peach in ¼” thick slices all the way around leaving just the pit.
2. Lay out slices on a cookie sheet and drizzle both sides with olive oil. Then season both sides with salt and pepper.
3. Place on a hot grill for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side to just slightly mark and warm.
4. Set aside to use right away or place in an airtight container and in refrigerator for up to 1 day.
HERB ROASTED CHICKEN
1 each Whole Chicken, approx. 3 lbs.
¼ cup Chopped Fresh Herbs (parsley, thyme, rosemary, oregano)
1 TBSP Kosher Salt
2 tsp Black Pepper, coarse ground
¼ cup Texas Olive Ranch Olive Oil
2 TBSP Chopped Garlic, fresh
1. Place the herbs, salt, pepper, oil and garlic in a mixing bowl to combine.
2. Toss and rub each chicken breast on all sides with herb/oil mix.
3. Lay skin side down on a cookie sheet and place in a 350 degree oven for approx 15 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees.
4. Allow to cool at room temperature for 1 hour.
5. Using your hands, “pull” the chicken breasts into small shreds, discarding the skin.
6. Set aside to use right away or place in air tight container in refrigerator until ready to use.
BUILDING THE SALAD FOR 6 PEOPLE:
1 lb. Mixed Salad Greens, from Coppell Farmer’s Market
1 cup Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette (see recipe)
8 oz. Herbed Texas Goat Cheese, crumbled (can be purchased at the store)
2 each Avocado, ½ inch dice
2 cups Spiced Pecans (see recipe)
1 lb. Grilled Texas Peaches (see recipe)
1 pint Texas Blueberries
1 each Herb Roasted Chicken (see recipe)
2 each Coppell Farmer’s Market Sun ripened tomatoes, diced 1”
2 lbs. Kosher Salt and Coarse Ground Black Pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine and enjoy!!